The past year has seen an explosion in the volume of research and publishing on the coronavirus and COVID-19. According to LitCovid, a curated literature hub that tracks current scientific information on this topic, 2000 articles are added to PubMed each week.
Editors at Elsevier have identified the top 10 COVID-19 related articles accessed by physicians on ClinicalKey in 2021:
- Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine efficacy. Knoll, Maria Deloria; Wonodi, Chizoba. The Lancet. 2021 Jan 9; 397(10269):72-74.
- 6-month consequences of COVID-19 in patients discharged from hospital: a cohort study. Huang, Chaolin, MD et al. The Lancet. 2021 Jan 16; 397(10270):220-232.
- Long-term follow-up of recovered patients with COVID-19. Cortinovis, Monica; Perico, Norberto; Remuzzi, Giuseppe. The Lancet. 2021 Jan 16; 397(10270):173-175.
- Long COVID: A Primer for Family Physicians. Greenhalgh, Trisha, BM BChir, MD, PhD, MBA; Knight, Matthew, MBBS, BSc, PGCert (Allergy) FRCP. American Family Physician. 2020 Dec 15; 102(12):716-717.
- Willingness to get the COVID-19 vaccine with and without emergency use authorization. Guidry, Jeanine P.D. et al. American Journal of Infection Control. 2021 Feb: 49(2) :137-142.
- Ivermectin in COVID-19: What do we know? Pandey, Sanjay et al. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. Nov-Dec 2020; 14(6):1921-1922.
- Pathophysiological Basis and Rationale for Early Outpatient Treatment of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Infection. McCullough, Peter A. et al. The American Journal of Medicine. 2021 Jan; 134(1):16-22.
- Vertical transmission of coronavirus disease 2019: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Kotlyar, Alexander M., MD et al. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2021 Jan; 224(1):35-53.
- Infectivity of asymptomatic versus symptomatic COVID-19. Sayampanathan, Andrew A. et al. The Lancet. 2021 Jan 9; 397(10269):93-94.
- Neurological associations of COVID-19. Ellul, Mark A, MRCP; Benjamin, Laura, PhD et al. The Lancet Neurology. 2020 Sep ;19(9):767-783.
ClinicalKey user tip: stay current on COVID-19 and other clinical topics by activating your ClinicalKey account and setting up journal issue alerts. Learn more here.
ClinicalKey provides access to evidence across 30+ specialties in a variety of formats, including full-text books and journals, point-of-care summaries, drug information, videos, practice guidelines, and customizable patient handouts.
Access to ClinicalKey, a tool valued at US$1,200 per year, is included with a CMA membership.
Do you have a question on COVID-19 or another clinical topic? Contact the Ask a Librarian team to request a literature search.